|Instructions for Creating Posts|
Instructions for Creating Posts
May. 4th, 2004 @ 06:00 pm
It's been brought to my attention that creating an entry here is not self-explanatory, and thinking back, it took me a while to figure out how to do it, too. So....here's how:
1. Select "Journal/Update" just like you would your regular journal (from the LJ menu)
2. Enter a Subject and type your entry.
3. At the bottom, just above the "Update Journal" button, you should see a link that says "For more options, click here." Click it.
4. Under optional settings you should see "Journal to post in".
5. Click on the arrow and select the journal name (in this case "victoriangothic").
6. Click on Update Journal.
7. Entry *should* Post. ;)
You might also want to post directions for posting from a client, which in the Windows one I have involves clicking the "Livejournal" menu, then "Select active journal..."; a pulldown window with one's own journal (the default to post, unless one has changed this) as well as those of all the communities one belongs to will appear. From there it's pretty straightforward - select "victoriangothic", then post as usual. (Resetting to one's own journal after posting in another like that is usually the default, although also changeable)
*lol* Thank you. I don't use a client, so I'm not sure how to even go about doing so.
Ok. These are instructions for the "Visions" client (#2 of 4 on http://www.livejournal.com/download/?platform=Windows
). I might guess it's same/similar for Semagic since that's billed as "Visions with enhancements". Can't tell you about the others.
You can do this at any time when you write the post, but be sure to do it before clicking "Post"!
1. Go to the LiveJournal
2. Select Select Active Journal...
3. From the pulldown menu, select victoriangothic
4. Click OK
5. You will see (using victoriangothic)
appear in the title bar of the journal window.
6. Post as usual.
Under View > Options
you can change whether or not you want the client to return to posting as "Default User" (the one you logged in as) after each post made in this fashion. I believe this is on by default.
|Top of Page
||Powered by LiveJournal.com|